Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does A&M do other types of plastic
processing such as rotational molding, extrusion, or sheet?
A: No, we only do injection molding.
Q: Does A&M Preform product design
A: No, we can however help "tweak" a product design to improve product strength, improve mold ability, help with material choice, and improve a tool design.
Q: Can A&M take my
product design and contract a tool to be designed, built, and
conditioned to produce my part to my specifications?
A: Yes, that is exactly what we do. We provide tool design, conditioning, and production services for products we are chosen to do the production at our facility.
Q: How do I get a cost estimate
for a product we are considering?
A: Send or E-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and please add RFQ in the Subject line.
- A copy of the drawing or CAD model in IGES format.
- Material type or grade including color.
- Estimated annual requirement.
- Can we reenter process generated regrind material into the parts, if so at what percentage.
If you are considering a transfer of an existing tool we need to know:
- How many cavities the tool has.
- Is it a conventional runner or hot runner tool.
- Runner weight and part weight, if possible.
- Annual requirement.
- Can we reenter process generated regrind material into the process, if so at what percentage.